Thursday, April 13, 2017

12th Infantry Regiment Monument - Dedication Ceremony, May 31st 2017

Hello, folks

It's been quite some time since I've posted here, but I've just had some exciting news from Dennis Witt that you'll be interested in hearing. Please have a quick look at his message below, hit the link he sent and do your best to get to the 12th Infantry Regiment monument dedication ceremony on May 31st 2017 at Fort Benning. I've sent my regrets, since I'll be in Australia, but I'm sure others will be able to make it on the day.

Warriors!

Here's the word from Dennis Witt:

----------

My name is Dennis Witt.  I served in Charlie Company, 1/12th, 4th infantry Division in Vietnam in 66-67.

Over the last 6 - 8 months I have been part of a project to create a monument to the 12th Infantry Regiment on the Walk of Honor at the National Infantry Museum at Fort Benning, GA. 

In January, we reached our goal of $78,000 to build the monument.  The physical monument is being created at this time. 

The reason for this email to you is, hopefully, to enlist your aid in contacting and informing former members of the 4/12th Infantry Battalion that this project is underway and to let you and them, know that there will be a dedication ceremony for the monument on May 31st, 2017.  We would love to have members of the 4/12th represented at this dedication.  I took the liberty of posting a comment on your web site concerning the monument and ceremony. 

If you can help with this request to spread the word, we'd appreciate it very much.  Information about the monument and dedication ceremony can be found at  http://redwarriors.us/NEWS.htm

Thank you in advance for your help.

Dennis Witt
C/1/12, 66-67

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home